Cryogenic Probe Stations with Closed Cycle Refrigerator
The Cryogenic Probe Station Model CPS-XXX-CF enables cost effective, stable, reliable and convenient low temperature semiconductor testing and even cryogenic wafer-scale testing of devices and circuits. Built-in vibration isolation, smart thermal management and engineered thermal expansion compensation makes this cryogenic probe station system ideally suited for a wide range of applications spanning from nanoelectronics (graphene research, molecular electronics, quantum computing, etc.) to space based electronics. The cryogenic probe station system uses closed-cycle refrigerator and proprietary thermal management, permitting inexpensive and fast operation. MicroXact’s cryogenic probe stations have built-in vibration isolation, minimizing the vibrations to industry-standard levels. Ultra-stable micro-manipulated stages permit accurate and reproducible contact of the probe tip on device features. Wide selection of probes and wafer chucks permits applications ranging from ultraprecise, fA-scale measurements, RF measurements and many more. A range of probe manipulators and probe tips are available for use with MicroXact’s cryogenic probe stations.
Cryogenic Probe Station Features
- Cost-competitive, stable, reliable and convenient-to-use.
- Cryogenic wafer-scale testing and low temperature semiconductor testing.
- Temperature range from 4K to 480K (0.1K or better accuracy). Different ranges are available if fitted with different CCRs.
- Closed cycle refrigerator for cost effective cryogen-free operations.
- Cryogenic Device Characterization of up to 1”, 2”, 4”, 6” or 8” diameter wafers (depending on the model).
- DC to over 67GHz measurements with single CCR solution, >110GHz testing with dual CCR solution.
- 4 micro-manipulated probe arms (up to 8 available in optional configurations), with highly accurate XYZ and optionally θ (for RF and wedge DC probes) adjustment.
- Thermally anchored probe tips.
- Optional 1st stage-cooled radiation shutter and 1st stage-cooled sapphire viewport.
- Temperature-controlled radiation shield.
- Clear view top window (high purity quartz is available as an option).
- High frequency vibration damping.
- High level of customization to accommodate most exotic probing needs.